A campaign is defined as a series of actions and events. We call them campaign scenarios. Campaigns are usually setup by a competent webmaster or by iMambo account management personnel. There is a separate Technical User Guide provided for campaign setups and it is more technical and detailed than this user guide. More detailed information about campaign setup and management can be found in the Technical User Guide which can be gotten from your iMambo representative.
There are many variations and possibilities in a campaign setup depending on the needs of the campaign, however it’s important to understand how campaigns work so we’ll give a brief description here. Once you have your campaign(s) set up you only need to manage your account and that’s easy.
Here’s a simple example. A subscription campaign may have a series of events (a scenario) as follows:
Campaigns can be setup for more complex things such as polls, surveys and contests.
- A customer submits a subscribe form on your website.
- A thank you page is displayed confirming to the customer that the submission was successful.
- An automatic follow up email is send to the customer providing information about their subscription.
- A Message Manager is sent to notify the CSR in subscriptions services that a new subscription has been submitted.
- The subscriber is added to the subscribers email list